Got leaning candlesticks? Try this candlestick hack now!
Try this candlestick hack now!
Some time ago, I was once in charge of an Alice in Wonderland party. Imagine clocks, playing cards, flowers – the whole thing. Amongst all of the thrifted party decor, I scored a stunning candelabra, so I had to deck out with lovely candles. However, they were sad and slanted and not-so-cute.
All of a sudden, I had to think fast! How could I quickly straighten up those candles to look cute?
How to straighten candlesticks in candle holders
It’s super easy! Additionally, most, if not all, of these items you’ll need are already around your home!
- Paper towel or toilet paper square
- Scissors (optional)
Straighten candlesticks in 7 easy steps
- First, take a piece of either a clean paper towel or toilet paper.
- If using a paper towel, cut it into a small square. (No need to do that with a piece of toilet paper, as it is already cut into a square.)
- Thirdly, fold into a one inch wide rectangle.
- Next, wrap the rectangle at the bottom of the candle.
- Then, push the candle with the wrapped rectangle into the candle holder.
- Continue pushing the candle down until it’s snuggly in place.
- Finally, straighten your candle as necessary!
What if my candle too big for the candlestick?
That’s an easy fix too! However, do this with caution and at your own risk.
Get a butterknife and run it under hot water. Then, slowly taper the bottom of your candle little by little until it fits!
There you have it! The easiest trick ever is complete! I came up with a quick solution back then, and was reminded when I decorated my guest bedroom recently. Side note: I do not suggest lighting candles with these tricks. Specifically, this is solely for decoration purposes only. Please try this at your own risk.
Now it’s your turn to try this candlestick hack now!
Do you generally prefer a video tutorial? Check it out over on Pinterest!
(P.S. – I’d love it of you followed me over there too!)