Just a little about me…
I’m Felicia — your typical millennial-first-time-home-buyer who didn’t know what the fluff I got into when my first tax payment hit my escrow account. I’ve always had a passion for decor like most. I also have always been broke. So my DIY, decor-on-a-budget was born out of necessity and creativity! After desiring to share my home ideas for years, I finally took the plunge and began hellohomegirl.com. Many of my projects are applicable to both homeowners and renters alike. (We all deserve a beautiful yet affordable space!)
I live with my longtime partner, and together, we tackle renovation projects that upgrade our house into our home in Dallas, TX. I affectionately refer to him as The Honey. He makes brief cameos as he’s camera/blog shy! Often, I tackle projects by myself as well.
In March 2020, I was fortunate to be featured in the online magazine ShoutOut DFW where I discussed DIYing my way through the grief of losing my mother. Additionally, our work has been seen online via Metro UK and One Room Challenge.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m an art nerd. Visiting museums is my jam.
- I’m an adventurous eater. If I can’t pronounce it, I want to eat it.
- I prefer secondhand furniture over brand new. It feels better in my spirit.
- My favorite vacation spot is Paris, with Denali Nat’l Park in an extremely close second.
- Travel, shopping, and eating are my favorite hobbies. Go figure!
In the end, I’m all about sharing the home tips I always wanted to know from a voice who understood my perspective (and budget)! So, if you are in need of DIY home renovation and decor tips, make sure to sign up for the newsletter to get the latest tips to making a home on a tiny budget!